Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Trip to the Country




Talk about a FUN day!
I couldn’t keep from sharing these pictures. There is nothing like seeing happy children. At least four to five times a year, my parents’ grandkids get together in the country.
The kids had so much fun! You would never believe that these kids with i-pods, nintendo’s, and PSP’s would find so much joy digging through the country side. These pictures were taking in the old house my father lived in as a child. It is now in a pasture with cows, so we had to watch our steps. I took these pictures Sunday afternoon. The house has fallen it. It was very sad! I sneaked one picture of my sister digging through the rubbish. Some are just still pictures I wanted to capture before they disappear.

I am going back to get that old door and clean it up. It would be nice with color pictures on it. The kids even found an old car and were brave enough to climb inside it. Even one on top of it! One gift we can give our children is to find laughter and happiness in the simple things of life.

Allow children to be happy in their own way, for what better way will they find? ---Samuel Johnson

6 comments:

Tate Family said...

Great pictures to cherish! Looks like a fun day.

Anonymous said...

love da pics :D

Mitch and Cindy said...

Oh, I love it! I loved to go back to my grandparents and dig in the old warehouse. Yes, you will cherish these pictures and trips. I am glad the kids had such a good time...just being kids. Happy New Year!

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Wow - looks like lots of treasures there!!! Can I come sometime?!?!?!

I love the smiles on all of the faces - pure enjoyment!

Happy New Year!

Shelley said...

Hey...I found your page!!;) I love your pictures, and it's good to see kids playing the country diggin' up stuff...more should do just that! I'm glad y'all had a good Christmas...enjoy these last few days of the holiday, and I'll be seeing you next week!!8)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I really appreciate you taking the time and showing our future where we started, and where we are going.please keep it going

YES WE CAN.

Thanks DR. Young

I'm the proudest of all of your success. Your UNCLE
Areggie